Friday, May 02, 2008

Audio excerpt podcast

So, I just recorded my first audio excerpt podcast. Doing an interview is a bit different than reading an excerpt, and I am a bit nervous about the result. Now, mind you, I read to my daughter every day. But reading to one's daughter and recording an excerpt are quite a bit different. First, I discovered that, in recording, all those "cool" voices I did sounded almost exactly alike. In my head, there's a big difference. Um, not so much when recorded. LOL So, I decided to nix the voices as they weren't that successful anyway. I hope that all of you will take the seven minutes (yes, it really is seven minutes, but not for the reason you are thinking -- grin) to listen to the excerpt and let me know what you think. I am hoping that the more I do, the easier they will become.

Oh, yeah, the link would be good, huh? Well, here it is:

http://www.freyasbower.com/content/view/383/107/

Oh, one last thing: be kind. (grin)

Marci Baun
Editor-in-Chief
Freya's Bower
Weaving passion into words...

3 comments:

Isabelle Santiago said...

Marci, I must say, I'm truly impressed! I expected a pretty basic reading of the text but you brought it alive. When she sighed, when he laughed, I could see it in my head because of how you read it. It made it very enjoyable. Thank you!

Marci Baun said...

Oh, thank you, Isabelle! I am glad you enjoyed it and pleased to know it is enjoyable to listen to. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Marci

Marci Baun said...

I apologize for the double statements. I have a toddler climbing all over me. LOL It has a tendency to distract me.