Saturday, December 08, 2007

Trailer, Book Releases, Book Signing

Shutterbug ebook trailer

Add to My Profile More Videos


Dan Russell's novella, Shutterbug, is a psychological thriller. You can also find his work in our horror anthology Decimate.

Wild Child Publishing has two new print books available: Weirdly: A Collection of Strange Tales and The Thorazine Mirrorball.

This afternoon I attended my first WCP book signing. As most of my authors live too far away for me to do this, I nearly burst with excitement to attend. Read Books and New Magazines, an independently owned bookstore in Los Angeles, hosted the occasion. Warm and friendly, the owners Jeremy and Deborah made everyone feel welcome. If they were located closer to where I live – Eagle Rock is over 20 miles away – I would patronize them. (Any of you Los Angelenos know what twenty miles means here, especially when you are looking at the 10, 110 and 5 freeways.) However, I encourage everyone in that area to look them up. Not only will you find some signed copies of The Thorazine Mirrorball still available -- you better hurry as I have a feeling they won’t last – but toddler readings on Saturday and other great books, magazines, and events. While they are primarily a used book dealer, they obviously carry local authors.

Needless to say, the book signing was a resounding success. Jack invited everyone back to his house for food, good company, another reading – this time by an actor – and jazz. Yes, Jack, with a few of his friends, played live jazz for his guests. As the actor read the excerpt, Jack and his friends accompanied him. I tell you, there’s nothing like listening to a well-written piece of literature with live music to enhance it.

Alas, I had to cut my visit short as my toddler and husband waiting for me at home…very impatiently, I might add.

Thank you, Jack, for allowing me to live vicariously through you. (smile)

Jack will be signing more books at another location. I will keep you posted.

You can read more about Jack and listen to some of his music at his website. The Thorazine Mirrorball is available at Wild Child Publishing in both print and ebook format.

Marci Baun
Editor-in-Chief
Wild Child Publishing

1 comment:

Isabelle Santiago said...

That trailer gave me shivers. Loved it. The voice is so perfect too. :D

And Marci, that signing sounds like TONS of fun. So jealous. ;)